SCHOLARS / GUEST LECTURERS
The Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in Bio-refineries – welcomes applications from leading academics and professionals from all over the world to be part of the programme as invited scholars / guest lecturers.
Objectives of stay of guest lecturers are varied: to teach and share knowledges with Bioref students as well as take advantage of the stay to do some research and develop partnership with the host institution (working on joint articles, developing ongoing projects, strengthening the Bioref network by identifying new ways of collaboration …).
For academic year 2020-2021 (1st year of the 1st intake), guest lecturers have two possible host universities:
- The University of Technology of Troyes (France)
- Cracow University of Technology (Poland)
For academic year 2021-2022 (2nd year of the 1st intake), guest lecturers have two possible host universities:
- The University of Bari Aldo Moro (Italy)
- The University of Lille (France)
In order to see if you want to interact with our students on a topic taught in one the four universities of the consortium, please check the list of courses on the “Course Catalogue” section. You are also free to suggest a specific topic you want to share during your stay at the host institution.
Guest lecturers are expected to teach courses or give seminars in their field of competence for at least 4 consecutive days in one host institution (travel time included).
The selection of scholars / guest lecturers is competition-based so the Bioref Academic Board will pay attention to each application to see if it fits with their minimum requirements:
- Each guest lecturer needs to have a good level in English since it is the language of instruction of the Master program
- Specific attention will be given to applicants who demonstrate ability to teach at a high level and who have experience in his field of competence (either professors from higher education institutions or professionals from the private sector)
- A guest lecturer paid by other EU funding scheme (including other Erasmus+ actions) cannot be considered eligible as every guest lecturers will receive a scholarship from the EMJMD in Biorefinery
- The consortium is an equal opportunity employer. Minority individuals and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Guest lecturers’ scholarships
Selected scholars / guest lecturers will be offered a scholarship to cover travel and accommodation costs and pay a remuneration.
Details of the available scholarships are set below:
A “week” is defined as minimum 4 out of 7 consecutive calendar days. It is not possible to consider 8 consecutive days as 2 weeks.
Guest lecturers have also access to the facilities of the host universities (library, sports facilities, laundry facilities, computer rooms, etc.).
Selection of applicants
Top-level guest lecturers will be selected by the Academic Board based on excellence and on Consortium needs according to the specific topic of expertise.
Applicants will be contacted for further information, if necessary.
Selected scholars / guest lecturers receive information about logistical aspects at the host institution and about the scholarship they will receive.
Please note that the Bioref Academic Board may suggest changes to the course content if your proposal is accepted.
SELECTED SCHOLARS / GUEST LECTURERS
So if you are an expert of topics dealing with bio-refinery concept and want to share your knowledge with our Bioref students, don’t hesitate to apply as you will bring added-value to the curriculum!
To apply, please complete and send the Application Document and other requested documents to the e-mail address written in the document.